Careers in Media & Communications
Author | Copy Editor | Editor | Freelance Writer | Journalist | Media Specialist | Press Secretary | Publisher | Technical Writer | Writer
Interested in a Career in Media?
You’ve come to the right place. Our graduates have been successful as writers, journalists, and correspondents. Their Liberal Arts background has helped them ask the right questions and communicate the answers clearly. Scroll down to learn more about how you can follow in their footsteps.
As you choose your college and contemplate your major or career path, remember to not only ask “what do I want to do,” but also “who do I want to be.” You are more than your major. At Christendom College, you will receive an education and formation that will prepare you, not just for your career, but for all areas of life—from family to finance, and social to spiritual. You will be ready for whatever life throws your way. Our education is different. Dare to join us.
Sign-up now to get our FREE premium viewbook.
“The program at Christendom taught me how to read, write, and think, which are crucial skills for a journalist. More importantly, the Christendom experience taught the value of fostering relationships with people which helped me build sources in Washington, D.C., and have intelligent conversations on the complex issues driving American politics today.”
– Charlie Spiering ’05, White House Correspondent
“In my field, sifting through the politics, the misunderstandings, and the agendas can be a daunting task. I look back on my time at Christendom as providing me with invaluable tools for my profession: critical thinking, confidence in the truth, and the basis for a prayer life. The academic, human, and spiritual formation I received during those four years often serves as a compass, giving me the direction needed to discover the truth and the confidence to defend it.”
– Ann Schneible ’04, Journalist for Catholic News Agency’s Rome Bureau
Alumni in Action
- Charlie Spiering ’05 – History – White House Correspondent, Breitbart.com
- Lesly DePiante ’04 – History – Assistant Editor, Angelus Press
- Anita Crane ’93 – Theology – Freelance Writer and Editor
- Agnes Penny ’97 – English – Author
- Christian Tappe ’07 – English – Editor, St. Benedict Press
- Jaime Gorman ’03 – English – Freelance writer
- Theresa Fisher ’03 – English – Author
- Becket Adams ’08 – History – Commentary Writer, The Washington Examiner
- Peter Jesserer Smith ’09 – Philosophy – Writer/National Catholic Register
- Christine Smitha ’04 – English – Assistant Editor, Seton Magazine
The Power of the Liberal Arts
134 Christendom Drive
Front Royal, Virginia 22630